As a follow-up to the post I wrote last weekend about my travel planner kit, I figured a “Travel Makeup Kit” would be fun to do – especially since I’ve been on the road for 2 weeks now, more or less, and have been able to nail my “bare essentials” down to a tee! (Keep up with my day-to-day life and travels on Snapchat and Instagram. I am @ladyreykjavik on both!)
So here goes, hope you enjoy it!
- A mini/travel size of the Hourglass Lighting Powder in “Dim Light”. This is a very subtle highlighter, sometimes even too much so, but that’s what makes it nice for travel – it’s always appropriate and beautiful, no matter the occasion.
- Nars Blush/Bronzer Duo in Orgasm/Laguna (read my review here). My favorite bronzer and a beautiful blush, together in one travel-sized pan. Can’t go wrong.
- Benefit Boxed Powder in “Hervana”. I love this blush not only because of the rosy color, but also because of the tiny brush inside (which, to my surprise, is actually usable!).
- Diorskin Forever Compact Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup SPF 25 in “010 – Ivory”. Whew, that was a mouthful! In plain English, this is my favorite powder foundation. Easy, quick, nice coverage and natural looking.
- Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil in nr. 6. Yes, I know, if you are familiar with the shades then you know that according to makeup artists, this is way too dark for me. Well, #sorrynotsorry, I like my brows the way I like my coffee. Very dark and to the point.
- Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen in “01 – Deeper”. I will write a separate review on this liquid eyeliner later, but it is basically the best I have ever tried. Yes, it’s pricey – but it’s been going strong for a year now, with daily use. In the liquid eyeliner “world” (lol!), that is practically magic!
- After having sometimes fallen prey to the flashy Benefit packaging and then being disappointed with the actual product, I wasn’t expecting much from the Benefit Roller Lash mascara. However, I bought the travel size while in Milan this summer, and I am pleasantly surprised! Love the bristles and the formula, and the cute packaging is an added bonus!
Lip products (judging by these, my lips are getting ready for fall…)
- Blue Lagoon Rich Nourishing Lip Balm. You may have noticed this in my July favorites post – I literally can’t go a day without this stuff!
- Kiko Smart Lip Pencil in nr. 704, a rusty reddish brown.
- MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in “Ms. Diva”, a deep wine/berry/purple.
- L.A. Girl Matte Pigment Gloss in “Fleur” (read my review here). A peachy, brownish nude in matte. Such a lover, for all seasons!
- OFRA Liquid Lipstick in “Brooklyn”. A deep, dark brown. Almost black, in certain lighting. For days when I’m feeling extra girlboss-y!
- Kiko 3D Light & Glow Highlighter. I use this underneath the Hourglass one, if I want to glam it up a bit.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in “Light warm”. This one doubles for my undereye circles, as well any spots/blemishes I have.
- The Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. I blend my concealer with this. At home, I dampen it with a spray such as the MAC Fix+, but when I’m traveling I just use a bit of water.
- Sigma Brush, F40 – Large Angled Contour. This is very probably my most-used brush ever. I usually just use it for my bronzer, but during travels I use the very tip of it for my powder highlight as well.
- My current nail polish, for touch-ups on the go. Pictured is Essie’s “Lady like”, a classy taupe.
…and last but certainly not least, the makeup bag itself. Mine is by Clinique and I love it because of its perfect size and also because… COLOR!
So those are my travel beauty essentials! Whatcha think? Have anything to add or a favorite you’d like to share? I would love to your opinions in the comments, beauty peeps!
– xoxo, Lady Reykjavík.