I know we’re already pretty far into April (my birthday month, yay!), but I haven’t done a favorites post in a hawwwt minute (since July, to be exact. eek!), so here we go!
- Dior – Capture Totale DreamSkin Perfect Skin Cushion in nr. 010. I usually use a powder foundation for every day use but when I went shopping for a new one in the beginning of March, I came back home with this baby instead. Dior was the first high-end makeup brand I fell in love with, so it holds a special place in my heart. But that aside, it has to be hard not to be amazed by this product. With a light/medium coverage, a dewy finish and an SPF of 50, this really is the perfect foundation for spring. Plus – adding this to my morning routine has made rolling out of bed on Mondays just so much more glamorous!
- NYX – Strobe of Genius, Illuminating Palette. Snap, it’s highlighter season again!!! …oooh wait – lol, just kidding – like we ever stopped highlighting! 😉 Although to be fair, spring and summer do really bring my desire for a beautiful, glowy highlight up a notch – resulting in this beauty being used every single day the past month. It doesn’t matter if I’m going to a party, the gym or the hospital; if I’m wearing any makeup at all, I rarely leave the house these days without adding a highlight and this NYX palette has been my drug of choice lately. With 7 beautiful, creamy highlighter shades and an unbelievable price point, you really can’t go wrong with this palette.
- Smashbox – Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light. I used the original version of the much-hyped foundation primer by Smashbox when I was a teenager and frankly, did not love it at all. However, after trying this light version of it, I’m hooked. This goes on extremely smoothly, dries down in under a minute and keeps my face looking sharp (or somewhat sharp, hah!) through a 16-hour-day of studies and work at the hospital. It also has a lot less of an “oily” feel to it than the original, which I love (even though both are oil-free).
- Nars – Blush in “Seduction”. I found this blush in my makeup stash some weeks ago and haven’t strayed away since. It’s a beautiful deep berry/burgundy color with a lovely glow to it, which complements the highlighting palette mentioned above perfectly. Be careful, though, and use a light hand – this stuff is insanely pigmented!
- Ray Ban – Aviator Sunglasses. I had wanted these for ages when I finally caved and bought them at the beginning of last summer. Now that the sun has been making appearances a little more often again, I’m reaching for them again and they are even more gorgeous than I remembered them to be! #addictedtoglasses
- Sessa Vee – “Ana Rosa” Rose Gold Rollerball Pen. If you follow my Instagram, you’ve probably seen this little guy once or twice, as it is photogenic as he*l. However, it also writes beautifully and serves as a little luxury item on my desk, to inspire me through those “I can’t study anymore” moments.
So that’s all this month! Did you find any new favorites in March? Have you tried any of the products I fell in love with the past weeks? Share in the comments, I love connecting with new peeps!
All the best,